The Big Picture Intermediate – Teacher's Book
The Big Picture | Richmond
Autores: Ben Goldstein, Ceri Jones
Código do produto: 292710630
Preço sugerido R$ 210,00
Sobre o livro
CEFR levels: A1 – C1
The Big Picture reflects the key issues in the world today which are immediately relevant to the learners’ worlds and experiences with striking real world images. These images provide a fresh, contemporary look and are at the centre of tasks, encouraging learners to work with and interpret them. Carefully structured discussion tasks encourage personalization, localization, and critical thinking, and complete functional language lessons develop conversation strategies and are applied to students’ immediate world experience.
- Up-to-date, real-life, relevant contexts ground tasks and content in students’ own world, allowing them to personalize and localize material.
- Language focus on real, useful language and high-frequency expressions, and are text, topic, and context driven.
- Functional Language and Final Task sections bring together the smaller pieces to help students see “the big picture” via practical, real-life tasks.
- A strong, systematic vocabulary building strand focuses on both lexical fields and vocabulary systems.
- Notice boxes draw attention to generative patterns and the living/changing nature of language.
- Avoidance/challenging of stereotypes – intercultural awareness foregrounded, e.g. inclusion of situations where no native speakers are present (as models for tasks).
- A move away from traditional
- An emphasis on “global English”, with a wide variety of non-native and non-standard accents in the audio program.
- Inclusion of different text types from the ELT norm – new genres (e.g. blog posts), literary texts, signs, etc.
- VLE-based tracking: teachers can see how well students have performed on interactive activities and whether they have completed them.
- Student-focused social networking features: students will be motivated to use English in a format that has established popularity.
- A “live” website: content will be added and updated regularly, which will encourage users to return frequently.
- User-friendly: teachers can register their students to use the website independently, or they can integrate the content of the website into their teaching.
Componentes da obra
- App para smartphones
- Livro digital para projeção (IWB)
- LMS Plataform
Sobre os autores
Ben has taught English for over twenty years in the UK, Spain and Hong Kong and currently teaches on The New School’s online MATESOL program (New York). He is lead author of the adult coursebook series ‘New Framework’ and ‘New American Framework’ (Richmond) and the forthcoming series ‘The Big Picture’ (Richmond). He is also the co-author of ‘English Unlimited Advanced’ (Cambridge) and has published the teachers’ methodology handbook ‘Working with Images’ (Cambridge). His main interests lie in intercultural issues, images and video and English as an International Language.
Ceri Jones has been working in ELT since 1986. She has worked as a teacher, trainer and educational manager in Italy, Hungary, Spain and the UK. She has been involved in materials writing since the mid 1990s and has written for a number of coursebook series, including Richmond’s Framework and The Big Picture, as well as writing grammar practice books and a range of supplementary material both on and offline. She is interested in integrating web 2.0 tools in the low-tech classroom and especially in the use and exploitation of images. She is based in the south of Spain where she currently works as a freelance writer, teacher and trainer.